Why networking can be wrong – wrong – wrong!!!
Seen any old-time friends recently showing up on Facebook? Suddenly very interested in networking? Yeah, crisis call for new actions – but some networkers will not be long in the network…
When networking is about "me-me-me" and "I-I-I" or "need-need-need" networks normally close. This is why networks close more rapid than the latte goes cold in a cafe.
How to do it?
Try and switch off your reptile brain – what skills do you possess?
What resourses are needed in times of crisis?
Then go into networking:
· Start by giving –ask what you can do for your fellow networker
· Get interested in what other do
· Think "me in that network"
Be grateful for ALL new inputs
Why is this bad?
· your friend will lose friends in the action
· networking gets a bad name
web 2.0 will get yet another opponent